StarDock MyColors

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ddahle1970, Dec 2, 2009.

1. ddahle1970

ddahle1970 Member

When I went to remove a no longer needed application from my Windows installation, I discovered this program was installed without my knowledge or approval.

A quick search in the forum showed that it is 'needed as part of the MacLook theme'.

Parallels, next time, PLEASE give the user advance notice before deploying third-party applications and / or give the user the option to NOT have it installed.

Also, consider the fact that enough of us may have had past problems with software that was loaded without the user's knowledge or approval for us to look on any such program with suspicion, no matter how benign it is.

2. ddahle1970

ddahle1970 Member

Bumping this to the top -

I see that it is still being installed as part of Parallels Tools with no opportunity to decline installing Stardock MyColors.

Can Parallels PLEASE make it an optional component rather than a forced one?

3. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

I agree, stardock / maclook should be an optional install... or at least the parallels tools install should mention that stardock is also installed to prevent user surprise.