Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by casioguy, Jul 12, 2006.

1. casioguy

casioguy Member

PWS was working fine for me until today, when I started up the VM and found that I was unable to connect to the internet. The wifi logo on the menu bar has a yellow exclamation mark on it, and when I brought the mouse to it, I got the above status message. By the way, I am running XP with SP2.

I have checked that the ethernet setting is default, and under Sharing in OSX, Ethernet Adaptor en2 is shared.

How can I correct this? I am connected to the internet through airport.

2. MarkHolbrook

MarkHolbrook Pro

I'm not sure exactly what your issue is. You say that you have an exclaimation mark through your WiFI on the menu bar but OS X was still connected?

What you describe sounds like when my wireless is working fine but the DHCP server in my router has flaked and what I get is a private IP address. So while it seems you are connected you really are not.

Just a thought.

M

3. casioguy

casioguy Member

Yes, I do have WiFi connectivity, but like you said, no internet access. That is why there is the message that this is limited connectivity. Looks like XP was unable to get an IP address. Anyway, i am going to wipe the whole VM out and start from scratch. Thanks.