Still cannot see SanDisk Cruzer 1 GB stick-3094-beta 2

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Laser_jock, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Laser_jock

Laser_jock Member

First, kudos to you guys for being agressive at gettng out GOOD upgrades on a very timely basis (Fusion beta release).

However, you guys need to still improve usb support. On the Fusion platform I have no problem loading up my SanDIsk Cruzer 1 GB stick, yet in Parallels I still cannot. While this is not a 'show stopper' for me (as use the kludge suggested on this forum where the memory stick seen as a network drive) it would be nice to have this support. In the meantime I provide this observation in the spirit of getting out useful (and hopefully not too redundant) information to you guys.

using winXP/SP2

Keep up the great work!

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

I have a Mini-Cruzer 1.0gb stick and it works fine. My config is a MacBook Pro, Parallels 3094 B2, and XP. I do not allow Parallels/XP to automatically grab USB devices as that can be so frustrating.

When I insert the Cruzer, it is immediately recognized and mounted by OS X. If I go to the Parallels->Devices->USB menu and select the device, XP will steal it from OS X. That's not a good thing, so I to manually unmount it from OS X and then activate it in Parallels. XP sees it and mounts it immediately. The handoff is clean and fast.

EDIT: Just for fun I just plugged in my 2gb PQI memory stick and was able to swap data between it and the Cruzer in XP. Seems to work well - no more limits on numbers of devices as existed before, apparently

Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  3. Laser_jock

Laser_jock Member

It would appear that I had set things to not automatically mount...my bad. Set it up to auto-mount and it sees the Mini-Cruzer stick w/o a problem.

My config: MBP/C2D/2.33GHz/3-GB, Parallels: 3094-B2

Thanks dkp! And thank you Parallels...Tis a Merry Christmas!