Still won't connect to Hard Disk 1

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Martin Arant, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Martin Arant

Martin Arant Junior Member

I've tried the suggestion of inserting my hdd location directly in the PVS Config file but I still can't read disk 1. I've also checked permissions to make sure everything is set to read/write. Still no joy !

Parallels has not returned my calls and there is not a peep out of this company. I've been a user for years and with the number of complaints here regarding this issue, it's obvious they did not test this upgrade adequately.

If anyone has any more suggestions... please respond

Martin

2. AndrewUVM

AndrewUVM Bit poster

Possible solution

Martin-

I had this problem (along with nearly every single other problem related to upgrading from PD 3 to PD4 and a bootcamp install).

I'm assuming that your install involves Bootcamp as well? If not this may not apply.

What worked for me was to not start the VM, go into Configuration, Hard Disk, switch the HD to Image, ignore the dire warnings, save the changes, then click on the Bootcamp option again, save the changes.

Then the VM would start. But I too am going to take a gander at the VM Fusion trial.

3. Martin Arant

Martin Arant Junior Member

Thanks Andrew. Unfortunately I'm not using boot camp and it is grayed out... so I can't switch

Martin

4. warnergt

warnergt Member

Andrew, you are the man! Your fix cured my problem.