"Stop 0x00000077" "KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR"

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Ian Billings, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Ian Billings

Ian Billings Bit poster

iMac - using OX S10.5.8
    Parallels 4.0.3848
    Windows 2000

With Parallels running and Windows 2000 running a couple of apps I had trouble with the Mac which meant that I actually had to switch it off to shut down. (Mac's 'shut down' and 'log out' worked only so far, leaving me with
    - the empty desktop,
    - no title bar,
    - but full (frozen?) dock showing apps still running (which they weren't) and all icons

When I switched the iMac on again it booted OK and Firefox, Skype etc loaded. When I loaded Parallels I have a blue panel in the black background with the message:

"Stop 0x00000077" (0x00000000, 0x00690066, 0x00000000, 0xBCC63BC0)
    "KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR"

I've found http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228753 but that doesn't really help (me).

I have a couple of very important apps on Windows which I have not yet replaced with Mac or other alternatives, so I really do need to get this sorted out quickly! Any help gratefully received.

(I can't post a picture of the screen because I can't get anything to screen capture the Parallels 'space' on the iMac.)

2. I-che

I-che Pro

Hi Ian,
    I think there is not much to be done from Parallels Desktop side to troubleshoot this BSOD, if official Microsoft KB did not help. However, if you need to save/retrieve some data from the faulty virtual hard drive, you can try to do it using Parallels Explorer ( /Applications/Parallels/Parallels Explorer ); copy the required content to Mac side.

3. Ian Billings

Ian Billings Bit poster

Thanks for the reply.

I let my son take control of the Mac and he found Parallells Explorer from where he found that the important data files and folders were OK; so we copied them to a folder on the Mac desktop for safety.

He changed the boot settings so that I could boot from CD, which I did, and the system successfully rebooted, using my existing settings and it now has all the appearance of being totally unaffected.

I did try to find this thread to post the solution but that may have been before it was moderated and visible.

Thanks for your help - this seems to be a solution although obviously it may not always work as well as this.