Suddenly un-registered, can't register

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by jeremyy_, Jul 21, 2009.

1. jeremyy_

jeremyy_ Bit poster

I've started getting this message:

"This copy of Parallels is not registered and cannot be updated. Do you want to register it?"

I attempted to go through registration, but I get the following message:

"Your copy of Parallels Desktop is already registered to this user account"

Yeah, no kidding. How do I fix this?

thanks

Jeremy

2. Jon Bruck

Jon Bruck Bit poster

Same EXACT thing happened to me today. Whats happening?

3. jlachoff

jlachoff Member

Same problem here

I also just got this message today. I reported it to Parallels support (ID 354490) but haven't heard anything back. Sounds like they broke something on the remote end...

4. desgael

desgael Pro

5. DrKarl

DrKarl Member

Registration server working again

This other thread is the same issue - although I had a typo that said 'No Registered' rather than "Not Registered". :-(
    http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=92031

For what it is worth, trying to update recognizes me as being registered again ... so I believe it must have been a problem with the Parallels registration server.

Karl

6. BettyP

BettyP Bit poster

Same situation, here are details:
    PROBLEM...
    8-30-09 downloaded and installed update build 3846. Since that time every time I attempt to use PD, I get message saying this copy of Parallels is not registered and cannot be updated, do you want to register?" If I click yes, bar appears across middle of screen saying something like "uploading registration info", but my modem does not indicate that any data is being transferred between my computer and the Parallels registration server. I've let it sit for almost an hour, and nothing happens. When I attempt to close the registration window, I can't. Also can't force quit. Also can't cmd+option+esc to open force quit window. I can only shut it down by clicking on the apple icon, then "shut down", and at that point the force quit screen opens and allows me to select force quit and parallels shuts down.
    COMPUTER INFO...
    Running Mac OSX ver. 10-5-8, parallels build 3846, using MacBook Pro, 2 G Ram, 240 G hard drive, Do not use Boot Camp, using Time Machine backing up to Iomega external drive, Upgraded 8-30 via download from Parallels web site, upgraded from purchased version of PD 4.0. Parallels tools was installed previously. Not sure now.
    WHAT I'VE TRIED...I have done this: When the screen pops up that says I need to register and asks if I want to register now, if I click no, I can use Parallels and my VM, but that screen keeps popping up every so often and I keep clicking "NO".
    I had turned in an online request for help. I received a note back that said the problem my be because I need to turn off my firewall. I turned off the MS firewall, then attempted to register again, and again the registration screen did no transmit data and it locked up again.
    My Win XP Pro is not crashing, I'm not getting any error messages (other than the one stating that my software is not registered and can not be updated), and I am not having issues with mice (I don't use a mouse).
    I've answered all of this info per the post I found that advises of all info that needs to be included in order to get help. Please help. Thank you.