support for Vulkan (MetalVK) via Windows

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by TheodoreL, Feb 8, 2020.

1. TheodoreL

TheodoreL Bit Poster

It will go a long way for Parallels Desktop and Windows gaming to support Vulkan. A number of titles requiring Vulkan are not ported to OS/X, but are still solely Windows (or Windows+Linux).

BenjaminH1, waaww, kjenkib and 7 others like this.
  2. BenjaminH1

BenjaminH1 Bit Poster

Yes - please add Vulkan support to Parallels -

Who else wants/ has a need for this? Please add your comments.

3. BenjaminW6

BenjaminW6 Bit Poster

I would like this- the Vulkan SDK currently isn't working for me under Parallels.

4. Fonsecae

Fonsecae Bit Poster

Yes, please

For example Gladius needs Vulkan

5. Raymond79

Raymond79 Bit Poster

Signed up to voice my desire for Vulkan Support as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it out performed DirectX in some games, especially if Parallels could incorporate something similar to MoltenVK.

kevinm17 likes this.
  6. JuanS8

JuanS8 Bit Poster

Also no Man's Sky needs Vulkan, It will be great if this is supported in the future.

kevinm17 likes this.
  7. BenjaminH1

BenjaminH1 Bit Poster

Please AMD VULKAN Driver Support for Parallels Video Adapter

8. Nick28

Nick28 Bit Poster

I would like to voice my desire for this as well. Being able to ensure that my program compiles on both Mac and Windows without having to restart my machine would really be a life saver. Why would I use parallels if I need to restart my machine to try something on Windows? That sort of defeats the purpose of a VM.

kevinm17 likes this.
  9. DAVID_CORDER

DAVID_CORDER Bit Poster

I'd also request the ability for access to Vulkan via Parallels, whether MoltenVK or otherwise.

kevinm17 and DashtonP like this.
  10. kevinm17

kevinm17 Bit Poster

I'd love to run Doom 2016 in Parallels on my Mac... Vulkan or D3D support... I bought it, but have no way to run it... been waiting for compatibility to catch up :)

11. UltimatronX

UltimatronX

I agree. I'm trying to run yuzu, the Nintendo Switch emulator on macOS, and it requires Vulkan support...right now the alternative is to install Zink for OpenGL 4.x support on macOS, through MoltenVK, and I'm not very eager to dive into that due to limited resources and knowledge.