Support ... Or Lack Of

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SnakeDiver, Jun 21, 2007.

1. SnakeDiver

SnakeDiver Member

Hello,

Just wanted to make a post about the lack of support which Parallels gives. I sent a support question in a few weeks ago about an issue I'm experiencing with Parallels where it locks up my whole machine while the VM boots.

I still haven't received a response, and no one in the forums knows the problem either.

I'm also waiting for my response to my Pre-Sales question from January. Interesting how they want us to upgrade to 3.0, yet couldn't be bothered to respond to my questions with anything more than an automated response of "We'll answer your question shortly".

Thanks guys, think I'm going to join VM's camp, and get as many people to follow me as possible. Currently .. what's the difference? Both have the same DirectX support and.. oh VM has Unity, a nice version of Coherence.

Well this was a waiste of $80.

Cheers,
    :mad:

2. jackcav

jackcav Bit poster

I agree about the lack of adequate support, although I do like the product. Upon upgrading to 3.0 I received an invalid activation code. When I posted an email to tech support, I received an automated reply that someone would contact me in 3 business days. How can they not supply a valid code sooner than that!

I attempted to contact sales by telephone. After waiting on hold for 9 minutes, I was connected to a person who could only transfer me to another number to begin the hold all over again. At that point, I hung up.

Nova: you have a good product, but if you don't get your act together on support, it will die. Only Intuit and Microsoft can get away with such lousy customer relations!

Jack

3. SnakeDiver

SnakeDiver Member

Wouldn't be so quick to jump at Microsoft's support. Although quite rude and obnoxious, they do "attempt" to solve your problem, even if it is the answer to a completely unrelated issue (try contacting their MSN support. It's hidden, but it is there). At any rate, at least they answer you.

That's all I really want is an answer. Even if it's a "Thanks for the bug report, we'll look at it". But to be completely ignored .. that's lower than Microsoft goes.

4. fbronner

fbronner Pro

I guess you never had to deal with an obnoxious Micosoft support person who calmly tells you that the compiler error you get which states to call microsoft support does not exist and that you are lying to them and not to waste their time.

Of course after this very useful answer, I switched to Borland and never, ever had to call for a compiler problem again

5. SnakeDiver

SnakeDiver Member

Kind of seems to parallel my situation. No one at Parallels feels inclined to respond to this topic or my other topic or my email and help me with my issue ... but they must have read this topic because it got moved to General Questions.

6. mbender71

mbender71 Bit poster

I too can attest to Parallels awful support. I have been a customer since the day
    they announced the availability of their very first Beta and pre-purchased 1.0. I
    have to say that I have never had problems with any of the 1.x releases, but I
    can not say the same for 3.0. I am VERY disappointed that they closed the BETA
    for 3.0 to only a select few and of course for the longest time they have made
    the forums here "hidden" to the public (only old timers like myself and those
    that learn from others know about this resource). I was excited when I heard
    about 3.0 and jumped on the pre-purchase/upgrade even though I was miff'd
    about not being able to use a beta first. Then the problem began...

You'd think that with a closed BETA and a FINAL release that 3.0 would be
    well tested and solid. It wasn't... and because of my misguided faith in
    a FINAL 3.0 release I did *not* backup my faithful WinXp image when
    switching to 3.0.. and there is where I got screwed.. The image booted up
    but when I tried to reboot it under 3.0 the file system became corrupt and
    would never boot again... so much for a FINAL release....

Immediately after that incident I lost all my faith in Parallels, specially after
    reading others that had similar problems with this "FINAL" version. Like a
    number of others I sent an email stating my situation and kindly asked for
    a refund of my 39.95. That was 1.5+ weeks ago. The automated reply said
    I would get a response within 3 working days. That never happened. I then
    sent another email to them quoting my original email. That too has not been
    responded too. So I can no longer recommend this product based upon my
    experience with 3.0 -AND- the total lack of email support.

and yes, I still want my refund please (and deactivate my reg code)....

Thank you....

7. RobK

RobK Bit poster

I have used Parallels for nearly 18 months and ran into troubles recently. It was impossible for me to get a timely reply to my tech question so I ended up having to pay $29 for telephone support. That required 3 techs before there was resolution. Then I had a hard drive issue so the Apple tech people replaced my hard drive....I was unable to find the original Parallels program that I bought as a download, so once again I struggled for days trying to contact Parallels for help. I had my VISA receipt for the program but little it could do for me if I couldn't communicate with Parallels. I wrote emails and many many days passed so I too went to VMware Fusion and bought that program. I had to get my VM working again...I cannot wait for weeks while Parallels inadequate tortoise like support wastes mine and everyone's time.

8. RobK

RobK Bit poster

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

9. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Create ticket in support and give me ticket id, we will take care as soon as possible

10. RobK

RobK Bit poster

Lack of support

Too late as my VMWARE Fusion just arrived from Amazon today so.....GOODBYE to the terrible Parallels support.

11. John@Parallels

There is no Parallels Support

12. tedhogan

tedhogan Bit poster

Wow...

Time to abandon ship?

Perhaps. Sometimes it's best to leave before a significant problem arrises. Shame on you people who work for this company. Shame on you.

13. John@Parallels

Probably you missed the main forum idea, forum is for helping each other based on willingness, not on demand
    You can always apply to support when you create ticket in support queue, and it is free, and without any limitation in time

14. RobK

RobK Bit poster

Forum advice

Yes...the Forum is for advice....it is also a means to complain to Parallels and let the company and other users know there is a problem with support. I tried to get support in a timely fashion, to even complain to support...yet the response from Parallels support was slow to non existent. So since we have a 'forum' to air grievances, I thought it worthwhile to air my troubles and let all others know about my difficulties. I work in a service industry and I know there will always be unhappy customers. In my business...I get back to my customer within 24 hours. That kind of prompt response is unheard of with Parallels.

Since I can't get through to the company.....why not use the handy Forum?

By the way teh VMWare Fusion is working excellently with nary a glich.

15. John@Parallels

You can use Forum, as you wish, but not demanding support, this is the main difference, as I can understand,
    Almost always we trace urgent problem, and contacting either sales or support to speed up process,
    btw, Parallels Support is working 24/7/365 (email support)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  16. RobK

RobK Bit poster

Lack of support

Who's demanding support? I am merely informing you and Parallels and all Forum users that Parallels support is SLOW and ponderous to nonexistent in a timely fashion. It is like calling 911 and having a response in a week. Since I paid for the product and even paid extra for support...I am stating that support did not come without a long delay. Please read the post carefully.....it was impossible to let Parallels know about my problem ....so I had to go to the Forum. So goodbye.

17. John@Parallels

Ok, If there was no demand I apologize, as for long delay, we restructured support team recently, and from there, I hope 3 business day will be kept in response
    I am sure you noticed, that at least twice a day I am tracing forum, and escalating urgent problem to support