Windows 95, 98 and Me as guest OS (can be installed on Intel Mac, no tech support)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by 손기열, Sep 5, 2018.

1. 손기열

손기열 Bit poster

Currently, the support for Windows 9x OS is being discontinued with Parallels Desktop 14. But I really want to use these OS with my latest version of Parallels Desktop. Would you please?

ZhehaoZ, Aries@PF, MarioL6 and 2 others like this.
  2. alev

alev Parallels Team

Parallels no longer supports them as we see almost zero users in Parallels Desktop Customer Experience Program. So we stop investing resources into testing and supporting them. But they are very likely to keep on working in Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac and future versions.

3. TormodG1

TormodG1 Bit poster

This is typical Parallels support.
    This KB https://kb.parallels.com/en/123332 says how to install Windows 98 drivers in PD, and was reviewed October 12, 2018. I just wasted a couple of hours trying to locate the "other" iso file, which apparently will no longer be available. It was not obvious anywhere that Windows 98 is no longer supported. Thanks a lot to whoever reviewed the KB document without actually bothering to review it.

MarioL6 likes this.
  4. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

You mean I'm not the Only one that gets bored? I've got basically every major OS I can play with in v17 (something you Can't do on an M series Mac). Mind you, I don't have them All running due to needing to figure out installation issues, but that's only for fun.

alev likes this.