Switching Windows to Mac via Keyboard

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by elasticmedia, Oct 28, 2009.

1. elasticmedia

elasticmedia Member

When I am running Parallels and I command-tab to get back to the mac side, parallels won't release control. If I use my mouse to go back to the mac side, then I can command tab to any application, including Parallels. I can Control-tab to various windows applications easily. But somehow, if I want to toggle back to the Mac, it generally evades me although sometimes it works.

I think it has something to do with the fact that hitting the command key activates the start menu (and a second keypress of the command key hides the start menu.

I see the mac app flash in my upper edge of the screen, but it gets taken back by windows. For instance, if I am working in Windows but I can see Safari as the front most app on the mac side, then when I command-tabbed to Mail, Mail is revealed in front of Safari but Parallels is still the active application.

I am using coherence, windows xp, parallels 4, snow leopard.

2. ForrestC

ForrestC Junior Member

Try hitting Control Option at the same time. This usually releases the mouse back to snow leopard.

3. elasticmedia

elasticmedia Member

Hey ForrestC, that is great that you had some info that turned out right. The question remaining is: why is this doing this now? This did not used to be the case and this klugey workaround is not ideal. Is it definitely a snow leopard problem? Will Parallels blame Apple for this?