The Boot Camp partition used by hard disk 1 is missing

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JanC4, Oct 4, 2017.

1. JanC4

JanC4 Bit poster

Hi, Im Jan from Sweden. I have a problem and need help.
    After I upgraded my macOS to the new High Sierra version I can't start my Parallels Desktop.
    The message Iam getting is: "The Boot Camp partition used by hard disk 1 is missing",
    What do I need to do for to fix the problem?

I'm not so good at to fix problems like this, so please give me all information I need.
    Sorry for my bad english. Hope you can understand what I wrote.

Best Regards,
    Jan Skärmavbild 2017-10-04 kl. 11.00.23.png

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @JanC4 , please follow as suggested below:

Disable System Integrity Protection (SIP).

1.Restart the Mac, on Apple logo loading screen press CMD + R to boot into Recovery.

2.In Recovery, on Mac menu bar locate Utilities menu > open Terminal application.

3.Type in the commands below one-by-one:

csrutil disable

reboot

4.Back in a normal mode remove the existing machine or create the new one, depending on the customer's scenario.

5.Boot macOS into Recovery again and enable SIP back running the following Terminal commands:

csrutil enable

reboot.
    Please see if this works. Thanks!

3. AlanB12

AlanB12 Bit poster

Hi Alfena
    I have the same problem as JanC4. I have followed the above instructions up to point 4. When back in normal mode Boot Camp opens and windows loads. However because I don't know what to do in point 4, after I complete point 5 it stops working again.

I have selected 'New' then selected 'Add Existing Virtual Machine', then 'My Boot Camp.pvm' and Open. But nothing happens, then after point 5 it still doesn't work giving the same error.

Can you please explain how to 'remove the existing machine or create the new one'

Thanks
    Alan

4. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @AlanB12 , please let us know the version of Parallels Desktop you are using.
    Thanks

5. AlanB12

AlanB12 Bit poster

I am using Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac, version 11.2.3 (32663)
    Thanks
    Alan

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @AlanB12, can you please send us a problem report collected right after the error and a splash screen (Help menu > Send Technical Data...)? This will help us significantly, please reply me back with the report ID number.

7. AlanB12

AlanB12 Bit poster

Hi Paul

The report ID number is 228688242.

Thanks
    Alan

Attached Files:

8. AlanB12

AlanB12 Bit poster

Any suggestions?

9. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @AlanB12 Parallels Desktop 11 is not optimized for Mac OS X High Sierra. We would request you to install the Parallels Desktop 13 Trial http://kb.parallels.com/124227 and check you will be able to start the Boot Camp virtual machine. Thanks, Shathish

10. HarveyS1

HarveyS1 Bit poster

I have the same problem now with Mac OS X High Sierra. Using Parallels Desktop 11. What do we do? It's not acceptable to force us to update to Parallels 13 and pay for it when we already have version 11.

11. AlanB12

AlanB12 Bit poster

Hi Harvey, I agree; but as you say what can we do? It is not like version 11 is that old. I did update to version 13 but now can not update the OS or Parallels in case one of the updates stops it working again.

12. ChristopherT4

ChristopherT4 Bit poster

Is Parallels working on a software update to resolve this?

13. AlanB12

AlanB12 Bit poster

Not sure I understand your question. Upgrading to Parallels 13, resulted in it working in macOS High Sierra.

14. ChristopherT4

ChristopherT4 Bit poster

I was asking if Parallels is working for an update to 11 to work on High Sierra. I know for sure that upgrading to Parallels 13 will work with the new macOS, but I'm not ready to spend several bucks for that version at this time. I will try to install the 13's trial version as suggested above, only if there's confirmation that no current work is being done to fix 11 at this time (for sure the trial will expire at some time).

15. AlanB12

AlanB12 Bit poster

Ahh I understand now. You might have to post the question again to have someone from Parallels answer. As far as I know they are not working on an update to resolve the issue. As you can see above, Shathish just said install Parallels 13.