The Final Version of Parallels Desktop for Mac is Now Available!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ben @ Parallels, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Ben @ Parallels

Ben @ Parallels Member

Hello all -

I'm proud to announce that the final version of Parallels Desktop is now available for download and sale! Thanks to everyone who's supported us throughout beta testing...we couldn't have done it without your feedback and support!

BUYING PARALLELS DESKTOP FOR MAC:
    The final release price will be $79.99, but if you buy through July 15th, 2006, you can get the product for only $49.99!TRYING BEFORE YOU BUY:
    If you're a new user, you can still try the product before you buy with a free 15 day trial (we offer free trials for ALL of our products, btw!)A few other important notes about the release:

- If you pre-ordered, you should have received your permanent key. If you didn't, email us at lostkey@parallels.com and we'll get it to you right away.

- If you're upgrading from an earlier version of Parallels Desktop, you will NOT need to reinstall Windows or rebuild your virtual machines. You should, however, reinstall Parallels Tools when you're done with your upgrade.

Again, thanks for all of your support!

2. netsyd

netsyd Bit poster

Nice!!! :)

I'll be downloading it when I get home tonight ... thanks!

3. iCaffeine

iCaffeine Bit poster

awesome, just downloaded! Thanks :)

4. billdill

billdill Junior Member

Final Release Still Crashes With SlingPlayer

This is the third computer, the second model, the second version of SlingPlyer. No matter what the setting or configuration it still crashes. Ethernet, airport, bridged or host only, lots of vm little vm, large swap file or none, no matter. No one seems capable of telling me why. Very frustrating.

5. sickbar

sickbar Junior Member

VM compressor?

If recall correctly, those of us who payed in advance should also get the VM compressor for free.
    Am I right, if so, how do we get it?

Installing finale version now - Good luck to you guys.
    Ziv

6. scotpb

scotpb Bit poster

1.0 change list ?

Is there a list of the changes since the last version,

EG what was fixed in 1.0 ?

7. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Parallels Compressor is included into GA and integrated with VM application.

8. Congratulations! You guys have worked hard and well to produce Parallels Desktop for Mac. Here's hoping your efforts are well rewarded. Mazel Tov and Success!!

9. sickbar

sickbar Junior Member

thanks, found it :)

So far works great!!!

Ziv

10. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

11. nishi

nishi Bit poster

Parallel's Team,

Congratulations on this well earned milestone ! I am a Happy and Power user of Parallels. Just one question ... are future upgrades free for everyone who bought this product ?

Also, it will be great if you can highlight briefly what were the changes in this release version over RC2.

You have an awesome team at work !!!

Thanks

Regards
    Nishi

12. Ed A.

Ed A. Bit poster

Nice job on the final release, but what is GA and where is Compressor? I don't understand what you're refering to.

13. Andrew @ Parallels

GA means general avalaible product - which was released today. And Compressor is included into package. You can run it from menu VM->Run Parallels Compressor. Please check User Guide for more details.

14. daniel

daniel Member

Congratulations on hitting this milestone. I know you guys have worked hard to get here, and your customers are all reaping the benefits of your hard work.

15. Fred Brinkman

Fred Brinkman Bit poster

Thanks for the final release. Problem, I cannot get my Airport working anymore, never had any problems with the earlier versions...

16. japanime

japanime Junior Member

I'm wondering the same thing. I certainly wouldn't expect upgrades to be free forever, but certainly the initials ones will, right?

17. sickbar

sickbar Junior Member

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Congratulations!!!
    Parallel works great. I'm so happy for you guys that you made it, for yourselves and for us users.

Keep up the good work,

Ziv Kitaro

18. Dave Ruske

Dave Ruske Junior Member

Well Done!

Congratulations on GA, guys. While you naturally see problems on a support forum, I've been using Parallels Desktop for Mac for a week now and I haven't seen a glitch with XP Pro SP2 --- and I think I've been fairly abusive, installing Visual Studio 2005, IIS, and SQL Server 2000 Personal Edition. In short, I'm able to do full-blown Windows development on my Mac without rebooting, and build a large faster than my 1.6GHz Dell running XP natively.

Thanks for a great product at a fantastic price!

19. Andrew @ Parallels

Minor upgrades will be free for sure, next major versions probably won't be free.

20. billdill

billdill Junior Member

You know, the modified date in the property page is wrong. It's always a day behind the actual modification date.