Time problems since Daylight savings

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by mydanes, Mar 9, 2009.

1. mydanes

mydanes Member

I am unsure what 'I' have done - my time was perfect until the change in time zone

NOW I am 'stuck' at 1 hour behind my mac.

now I have tried changing all sorts of things from time zone to sync settings and I can't get the time to show correctly it is as though it is stuck on the winter time zone :*(

Please help

2. Walter Perdigao

Walter Perdigao Bit poster

I'm having the same problem

I'm running into the same issue...HELP

3. Richard Ferrante

Richard Ferrante Bit poster

Check the timezone in the windows OS -- I accidentally had mine set to Indiana and it didn't pick up daylight savings time.

4. Walter Perdigao

Walter Perdigao Bit poster

Thanks for the reply. I actually figured out that the DST patch hadn't been applied to the Windows XP SP3 install. You can either run all the required updates using Windows Update, or you can find the specific Win XP DST patch here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955839/

5. Peter Stahl

Peter Stahl Bit poster

I was able to solve this manually. The Win XP DST patch would not install on my system, as the OS claimed a subsequent update had already been installed. However, Microsoft provides a manual time zone editor, "tzedit.exe", on this page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914387 , about 80% of the way down the page. It's very straightforward and effective.

The key in diagnosing the problem is to examine the Date and Time Properties dialog, accessible by double-clicking the time of day on the right end of the Windows XP Taskbar. At the bottom-left of the Date & Time tab is displayed the Current time zone. This showed Pacific Standard Time, despite the fact that DST had already started. This led me to conclude that the OS didn't have the correct information on when DST began and ended. I verified this by manipulating the date; when I told the OS that it was mid-April, DST became effective.