To get the list of available systems, please connect your mac to the internet

Discussion in 'Parallels Access and Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by GregoryT4, Apr 18, 2022.

1. GregoryT4

GregoryT4 Bit poster

I'm trying to install a new Windows VM, but this is the message I'm getting. I'm obviously connected to the Internet, so I'm not sure how to proceed from here.

2. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello @GregoryT4, Please refer to this KB article: https://kb.parallels.com/4729 . Thanks, Parallels Team.

3. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello @GregoryT4, Kindly let us know if your issue got fixed. Thanks.

4. packetintransit

packetintransit Bit poster

Hey there,

there are no distros available when I am trying to launch Parallels

see attached... I need Ubuntu and Kali

running version Desktop 18 for Mac
    Pro Edition v 18.3.1(53614)

Attached Files:

5. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    It is a known issue.
    Indeed, it appears that the case requires deeper investigation, so we escalated it to the Development Team.
    Once there is a response from them - whether it is a request for additional information, a workaround or a permanent fix - we will let you know.
    Thank you.

6. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    Our development team informed us that the "No operating system appears under free systems in the Parallels Desktop installation assistant window" issue has been resolved.

1. Try to reproduce the problem on your own computer.

2. If the problem persists, collect another technical report (click Parallels icon > Help >
    Send technical data > select "Attach screenshot..." > press Send report) and provide the 9-digit ID in a reply to this post.

Please tell us the result after doing the above steps.
    Thank you

7. RezaB3

RezaB3 Bit poster

Hi, I have come across this thread because I have the same exact problem on Version 17 (all available updates are applied).
    I'm on MacBook Air M1, internet connection is fine but the New wizard says need to connect to internet.
    Can you please assist? I have sent the technical data and the report ID number is: 432302738
    Many thanks, Rez

8. Pavel Merkulov

Pavel Merkulov Parallels Team

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please restart Parallels Desktop and check again.
    If the issue persists, collect another technical report (click Parallels icon > Help >
    Send technical data > select "Attach screenshot..." > press Send report) and provide the 9-digit ID in a reply to this post.

9. RezaB3

RezaB3 Bit poster

Hi Pavel, thanks for the magic! it is working now. cheers buddy