To Update Now or Not to Update. That is the question.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Maxxie, Jun 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Maxxie

Maxxie Junior Member

Parallels seems to issue new versions in August or September every year. This is June, and I just bought a new iMac. If I update my version of Parallels now, would l need to pay for another update 2 or 3 months from now if new version is released then? I can wait and go straight to 15 if need be. I'm retired now and rarely need Windows anymore, so I'm pinching pennies when it comes to things that are optional.

2. TonyC2

TonyC2 Member

personally, i'd wait. parallels usually offers free upgrades for those who purchased within the last X days but a) who knows if they'll do that this year and b) how far out you have to be.

if you don't need the update, then there's probably no reason to upgrade. you should be able to install the current version on your new mac, just have to deactivate it on the old one, or let parallels know you sold the pc and i believe they can deactivate the license

Maxxie likes this.
  3. Maxxie

Maxxie Junior Member

Sounds like the safest way to proceed. I think I'll take that advice. I'm not even sure I even need to update Parallels. If I can clone my old drive onto my new Mac's ssd it will probably work just fine.

4. Miiichael

Miiichael Bit poster

I sat doing work on https://writeanessayfor.me/ And I received a request to update the program, I rejected it, because I did not save the article, but unfortunately I've been laying everything down and would have to do it all over again, well, that the site has autosave!