touchpad/keyboard recognition

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by kimshish, Nov 5, 2007.

1. kimshish

kimshish Bit poster

Recently, in attempts to solve a usb issue, I installed updates. So after i updated, parallels worked perfect for a day (I was able to get windows to recognize usb drives). The next time I started windows up, it started having all sorts of problems. When I click on the windows screen, I cannot make the arrow move. Its like parallels cant share my touchpad/keyboard. If i click on the usb icon (lower right), and click touchpad, it does allow me to move the arrow in windows; however, if i switch back to the mac os, then that arrow wont move. In addition, after switching to the windows os, its like my mac doesnt recognize i'm using my computer and the screen dims and will go into hibernation eventually. The only way I can make the touchpad work again in the mac os is if I shutdown the window machine. Also, if i click coherence under view on the parallels status bar thing (top of mac os), nothing happens. And full screen looks all big and strange. What in the world did I do, and how can I fix it?