Transporter Agent crashes with runtime error

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by RolfF, Aug 4, 2007.

1. RolfF

RolfF Bit poster

I'm trying to migrate an installation of Win2000 sp4 to my MacBook Pro using Transporter and Transporter Agent.

The problem is that Transporter Agent crashes everytime with a "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" runtime error. This happens just a few seconds into the transfer operation. I've attached a screenshot of the message dialog generated by Transporter Agent, and the associated log files. I had to change the .log extension to .txt because it looked like your forum was not configured to accept .log uploads.

I've tried both builds 1240 and 1260 with the same result each time.

Attached Files:

2. Mike@Parallels

Mike@Parallels Hunter

Hello,

Please check your disk in Win 2000. For this : go to Start menu - Run - Type: chkdsk - press Enter.

Please download beta version of Transporter and try to migrate 1 more time. Also provide new logs file please after new migration. Beta version you can find here :
    http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=77121#post77121

3. RolfF

RolfF Bit poster

Success

That worked. I installed the beta version and ran chkdsk. Chkdsk did report disk errors and correct them.

I am now running the migrated Win2k system under Parallels but it crashes repeatedly. I suspect my Dell I8kfan utility is causing this however, as a number of error dialog boxes appear on start, reporting that the CPU speed and the fan rpm cannot be detected. The system crashes shortly after clicking on the Ok button of these messages.

I think I will uninstall the I8kfan utility on the Dell and repeat the migration. I'm sure the utility is highly incompatible with a virtualized system as it likely does a lot of low-level diddling with the hardware.

Now that I've successfully migrated with the beta version, can I revert to the shipping build of Parallels after the migration, and should I? Or should I keep using the beta?

4. Mike@Parallels

Mike@Parallels Hunter

You can stay with beta. It is rather stable. Fell free to cantact me via PM if you have any problems