Transporting W2K - no active OS

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by Huubke, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Huubke

Huubke Bit poster

I followed the install steps from this site (Tr + Agent 3.0.1240 in Windows 2000, rebooted)

I start Parallels Transporter up to the step of checkmarking disks & OS (see attachment)
    and then its stated that no active OS is present, what isnt as U can see on the picture (W2000).

parallelTransport.png

I tried all variations in checkmarks (though W2000 is the objective).
    What am I doing wrong or missing??

2. Helen@Parallels

Helen@Parallels Parallels Developers

Hello, Huubke,

Please, check on your active volume (The volume of the physical source computer with operating system, where Parallels Transporter Agent runs, in your case this is the OS with parameters: Capacity=37.26, Used space=22.97):

- that ntloader and boot.ini files (System volume) locate on the active volume;
    - that System folder is named WINNT

In current version of Parallels Transporter the active volume must meet these conditions to make it bootable.

Migrating Windows OS to Mac, where System Folder is not Windows or WinNT, will be supported in the nearest update of Parallels Transporter.

In additional, could you provide us with Transporter log files on vireports@parallels.com with subject 'Transporter Problems' to investigate this problem more detail?

Log files of Parallels Transporter and Parallels Transporter Agent locate on:

Mac: <home>/Library/Logs/Parallels/transporter_cl.log

Windows: %TEMP%\Parallels Transporter\transporter_xx.log
    for example,
    for Windows XP, 2000, 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\<Usr name>\Local Settings\Temp\Parallels Transporter\transporter_xx.log
    for Vista: C:\Users\<Usr name>\AppData\Local\Temp\Parallels Transporter\transporter_xx.log

Thank you,

Best Regards,
    Helen.

3. rmiller105

rmiller105 Bit poster

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue? I am experiencing the same problem. If I complete the transport anyways, the drives appear to be intact, but I can not boot from them.

4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

You can perform Windows repair on migrated VM, this should resolve situation
    Just make sure that CD used during repair is the same Service Pack level as installed in OS