Trouble accessing network/internet

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by kcsaqman, Oct 22, 2006.

1. kcsaqman

kcsaqman Bit poster

I could really use some help. Since I upgraded to Build 1940, I can not access my internet. I have a Macbook Pro and am running Windows XP Professional and Mac OS 10.4.7. I can access shared folders and other features and am using the Bridged Ethernet, default adapter settings for my network adapter. I have gone into the Windows networking and disabled IEEE 802.1x authentication. I do not know what else to do. Can anyone offer some help? Thanks so much.

2. joebwan

joebwan Bit poster

Same problem here

I am having the exact same problem. I have been running parallels for about three weeks on my new iMac.

I am also having an additional problem: the virtual machine is often (usually) freezing when loading Win XP home edition. I have tried playing with some settings (boot order, shared folders), but results seep pretty random.

What is going on? Is it the newest version? It's very frustrating.

3. jmoorfoot

jmoorfoot Bit poster

Also have problems with networking

Same here. I have just dropped back to 1922 to get my network back.

4. nelson

nelson Bit poster

I have Build 1940 on my MacBook Pro too and my networking only works when I use DHCP. So at home it works fine over my wireless. If at work, I am stuck with a static IP address. I can't seem to get the static IP address to connect me to the outside Internet. I guess we will have to go back to Build 1922 or wait for an update.

5. nelson

nelson Bit poster

I have gotten Build 1922 to work for network interface en0 (ethernet) and en1 (wireless) thru the Mac. I had to go into System Preferences, open Sharing, click Internet tab, set Share your Connection from: to the Built-In Ethernet setting, and click on To computer using: to Built-In Ethernet and Ethernet Adaptor (en2). This seem to give my Parallels Build 1922 connection to the internet using DHCP and my mac plugged into the building's ethernet (with static IP for Mac).

Hope that helps.

6. kcsaqman

kcsaqman Bit poster

I am still trying to make it work with 1940. I can access the internet when I am plugged in to an ethernet cable, but not on my home wireless network. Any suggestions out there?

7. Mark

Mark Member

I am in the same boat. I upgraded to 1940 and couldn't access the network. I played with every config setting and no luck. I finally went back to 1922 and everything is fine. I hope that someone from Parallels can respond to this.

8. kcsaqman

kcsaqman Bit poster

Can someone with more experience please help out us junior users?? Thanks so much.

9. aaron

aaron Bit poster

This worked for me. I am using build 1970 in trial and I couldn't get the internet connection working at all, but now it seems to work, thanks!