[Tutorial] How to fix Microsoft apps (Photos, Store, Calculator, etc.) crashing on M1

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 16 for M1 Mac Technical Preview' started by teemubohuslava, Dec 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Lutz-R.F

Lutz-R.F Bit Poster

btw. found most of the apps that atrstuck - only fighting with Movies & TV at the moment ... if someone finds the proper ID, it would be appreciated. Strangly, some apps listed as "arm" already work on my VM ... looks like Microsoft is already working on it

2. RiyazulhaqH

RiyazulhaqH Bit Poster

hi ,
    i am getting this error in powershell can someone help.
    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF3, Package failed updates, dependency or conflict
    validation.

attached screeshot

Attached Files:

3. Lutz-R.F

Lutz-R.F Bit Poster

you need to get the package for the UI.Xaml.2.4 aswell (should be in the same appxbundle)

4. RiyazulhaqH

RiyazulhaqH Bit Poster

cant get that done could you please explain in detail

5. RiyazulhaqH

RiyazulhaqH Bit Poster

Photo app is now running but cant find calculator app with x86.appx

6. BrandonD5

BrandonD5 Bit Poster

So I followed the instructions, uninstalling Microsoft Store and downloading the 4 files (Framework, Runtime, VCLibs, and Microsoft.windowsStore_12011.1001.113.0_neutral...) in x64 and x86 and I still have not been able to successfully open the Microsoft Store! Is there something I am missing??

7. ChristopherK12

ChristopherK12

Same for me. I have tried x86, arm64 and x64 and could not get any to open.

8. HugoM4

HugoM4 Bit Poster

Whenever I try to install the Windows Store I get this complaint about not being able to install due to a dependency on .Net Framework, but then it shows below that it's installed. Am I missing something?

PS C:\Windows\system32> Add-AppxPackage -Path "C:\Users\echow\Downloads\WinStore_12010.1001.3.0_x86.appx"
    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF3, Package failed updates, dependency or conflict
    validation.

Windows cannot install package Microsoft.WindowsStore_12010.1001.3.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe because this package depends
    on a framework that could not be found. Provide the framework "Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2"
    published by
    "CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US", with neutral or x86 processor
    architecture and minimum version 2.2.27011.0, along with this package to install. The frameworks with name
    "Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2" currently installed are:
    Windows cannot install package Microsoft.WindowsStore_12010.1001.3.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe because this package depends
    on a framework that could not be found. Provide the framework "Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2" published by
    "CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US", with neutral or x86 processor
    architecture and minimum version 2.2.27011.0, along with this package to install. The frameworks with name
    "Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2" currently installed are:
    {Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2_2.2.27912.0_arm__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2_2.2.27912.0_arm64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2_2.2.29512.0_arm64__8wekyb3d8bbwe}
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 13f21fb6-f127-0001-3956-f31327f1d601 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 13f21fb6-f127-0001-3956-f31327f1d601
    At line:1 char:1
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path "C:\Users\echow\Downloads\WinStore_12010.1001.3 ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Users\echow\...01.3.0_x86.appx:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

9. HugoM4

HugoM4 Bit Poster

I think I got this working by enabling the developer version of the Windows insider channel, as that channel appears to have x86 emulation. From there I was able to install the x86 versions of applications.

I am however, having trouble with anything that requires login with my microsoft account. A window pops up and quickly disappears, so I'm guessing some component must still be arm32 (which is incompatible on the M1 Mac) but i'm not sure what it could be or how to replace it.

10. JasonV6

JasonV6 Bit Poster

I am seeing the same. Any application that requires logging into my Microsoft account will show a pop up window for a split second and then disappears.

11. kundanno

kundanno Bit Poster

I have been using Office365 apps just fine.

12. io_2000

io_2000 Bit Poster

Windows store seems to be working now (Parallels build 50393, Windows 10 ARM build 21301). After making sure that Parallels and Windows 10 were fully up to date, I went to...

Settings... Apps... Microsoft Store... Advanced Options... Reset

After performing that reset, the Microsoft Store app now functions properly.

13. KyRuMo

KyRuMo Bit Poster

Did not work for me

14. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

It worked for me, but I had installed the x86 version as described above before. That stopped working after an update and I never bothered to install it again. After the reset the Store now works.
    A reset probably won't help if you only have the ARM32 version installed.

KyRuMo likes this.
  15. ScottS35

ScottS35 Bit Poster

For what it's worth, an update to Windows Store pushed down from Microsoft today, and the ARM32 build was replaced with x86 build, and it now works. Nothing I needed to do. It absolutely was broken prior to that, though. I didn't try any of the above workaround steps.

16. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

Seems to work for all the other ARM32 apps that previously weren't working too. I did encounter an odd problem that after updating some apps the taskbar became unresponsive, but a restart fixed that and the apps work.

17. PietroC

PietroC Bit Poster

Confermo, dopo laggiornamento di Parallels versione 50531 lo store e tutte le app che prima non funzionavano (store, mail ecc.) ora funzionano perfettamente per il momento

18. ScottS35

ScottS35 Bit Poster

Except for the Weather app, oddly. It doesn't crash immediately, but it also just hangs on startup. It shows as 32-bit in Task Manager. Your mileage may vary. :)

19. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

True, the weather app starts, but it doesn't show the weather. Repairing or resetting the app doesn't help either. Oh well, it's still an improvement to the app not starting at all.

20. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

And with Build 21327 the weather app is now working too.