Two Feature Requests... USB1 & 'Switches'

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by leoofborg, Apr 3, 2007.

1. leoofborg

leoofborg Junior Member

Hello folks. I have two feature requests for the next version of Parallels....

1/ USB1 fallback. Nokia PC Suite worked in 1970. It doesn't work now. I wanna go back to 1970. Build, that is. Whatever worked in 1970? I want to be able to set / access -that- / those USB sockets or whatever the devs call them..

2/ The ability to turn OFF 'Coherence' .. and maybe 'full window' mode. I spend 80% of my time in OS Window mode, so why do I need other window processes / threads 'in reserve' for these other features I don't use? Give me some switches, people.. or checkboxes for Coherence and Fullscreen so I don't activate them. Yes, I know about kbsc's.. but I want OFF switches.

Yes, I -like the idea- of these eye candies... but practically I'd like to get some work done without my machine wedging due to runaway window or other processes.. Yeah, I'm kinda pining for the simplicity of 1970 as well...

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

leoofborg,

1. We will investigate problem with Nokia PC Suite - thank you for report.

2. I am not sure I understood what do you mean by possibility switch Coherence off... When you working in Windowed mode the Coherence is not active anyway. Maybe you mean Dock integration - when running Windows apps appears transparantly in Mac Dock? You can switch it off in Preferences->Appearence->Show applications in dock checkbox.

3. leoofborg

leoofborg Junior Member

As an example, some "big" [read possibly bloated] applications like have a plugin system where certain 'features' or 'feature sets' can be disabled in order to conserve processes and/or memory. I'm wondering if Parallels was designed like this.. tho' probably not.

When I start hearing / reading / experiencing slowdowns, even with 2 gigs of Ram on a fast MacBook Pro, then I start looking for things to 'turn off'. Shucking extensions, disabling plugins and features I don't use in third party apps, et cetera.

This all being said, I found that by NOT installing Kaspersky Parallels runs MUCH faster. And I do run Clamwin and Microsoft Defender instead...