UK Keys work with build 4128 and 3.0 Upgrade keys

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by guydavies, Jun 12, 2007.

1. guydavies

guydavies Member

Hi All,

Seeing as noone at Parallels seems to want to shout about this, I thought I'd do it. I found out whilst trawling the forums that the 3.0 build 4128 actually validates correctly if you have an Avanquest supplied UK version of 2.x.

Build 4124 does not, but anyone with 4124 should get the upgrade by going to help -> check for updates.

I'm afraid this is not good news for those other international customers. I don't work for Parallels so please don't shout at me :)

Rgds,

Guy

2. OllyW

OllyW Junior Member

Even the support staff at Avanquest didn't know about this until I told them :)

3. JRobert

JRobert Bit poster

Hi,

I have an Avenquest UK Parallels 2 (build 1940, purchased at the end of the last year) and could update it via "Check for Updates" up to build 3188. Now I installed 4128 (downloaded from the parallels website) but it doesn't recognize my key any more :-(

How did you manage to get 3.0 working with your UK 2.x key?

greetings,
    Robert

4. guydavies

guydavies Member

Hi Robert,

Did you purchase the 2.x to 3.0 upgrade key? The upgrade from 2.x to 3.0 is not free unless you bought within the last month or so. You can get an upgrade key from the Parallels website. It will probably be fulfilled by element 5, who will send you an email containing the upgrade key. You then need to activate your new copy of Parallels, when you'll be asked first for the 3.0 key (the upgrade key) and then for the original 2.x key.

If you're happy with the functionality of 2.5 (build 3188) then you can stick with that for free. Otherwise, you'll have to pay the $50 upgrade fee.

Rgds,

Guy

5. Milamber_Cubed

Milamber_Cubed Junior Member

Hi

Sorry to point this question at you... but you already know how responsive the support staff are - especially during this busy period.

I got my copy of parallels through the UK Apple store during May. Should I be eligible for a free upgrade key? If so, who do I need to contact?

Thanks for any info.

Regards,

Milamber

6. OllyW

OllyW Junior Member

Any purchases made after 1st May are eligible for a free upgrade.

Try contacting Avanquest UK at tech@avanquest.co.uk

They answered me very quickly but they don't work weekends.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  7. Milamber_Cubed

Milamber_Cubed Junior Member

Thanks for the info ;)

Email fired off to Avanquest now... hopefully it will all go well.