Unable to install Windows 7 RC

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Joao56, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Joao56

Joao56 Bit poster

I'm trying to install (a clean one) the Windows 7RC (32bit) on my Mac Book Pro 4.1, with Mac OS X V 10.5.8, using Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac. My problem is, the installation is asking for "A required CD/DVD drive is missing. If you
    have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD or USB Flash drive, please insert it now". And I can't pass this point.
    I try the Mac OS X original installation CD, and windows xp cd, windows 7RC cd, but it didn't have the drive. Try the Windows7UpgradeAdvisorSetup.exe, but it runs for hours and hours, and shows nothing. So, how can I solve this problem.
    The CD/DVD is a Matshita DVD-R UJ-867 ATAPI. Searched the internet, but did not find anything helpful.
    Also, I've downloaded the Win 7RC about a week before MS remove it from the site, so, I suppose it is the final version.
    Does Parallels support Windows 7? Do you have a solution for this?
    On the Mac forum, I've asked for the drive, but so far, nobody answered, maybe they are just like M$.