Uninstall complete

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by bxlewi1, Jun 11, 2007.

1. bxlewi1

bxlewi1 Bit poster

And so it goes. Parallels desktop has been removed from my MBP. My VM's are backed up. I have hope that sometime soon 3.0 will match the marketing, but right now it's hobbled with some serious issues (not entirely 3D related.) I've had my only kernel panics on my MBP when Parallels has been running. No less than three occasions with the 3.0 release did I need to hard reset the mac (after trying to play Half Life:2.) The final straw though was today after trying out Parallels Explorer on my XP VM to grab some files I needed on my work box. Parallels Explorer crashed after trying to delete a duplicate file. The subsequent launch of the VM that PE crashed on gave me a perpetual SPOD at the windows desktop. Required a force quit, then restart of the mac to get performance back.

Parallels is a very ambitious product, and up until the 3.0 release it was one of my most used applications. Parallels was the first app I purchased for the MBP. I gladly upgraded to 3.0 as the features added included much of what I was hoping the product would grow into. It's grown a little too fast for me, and I need to pull it (like a new baseball pitcher who has all the speed - but no control.) I don't want a refund, I just want it stable. Get me that and I'll install it once again.

But not right now.

2. wesley

wesley Pro

Yeah, a bit of wait can be good. I'm one of the early users, but I stayed off Parallels for a while until it started working with my cellphone's USB connection myself. Early versions had incredibly horrible USB support.