Uninstall RC6 first?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Jim Waugh, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Jim Waugh

Jim Waugh Bit poster

I've downloaded your release for Mac. I have been running RC6, Parallels for Desktop on a new MacBook, 1 gig mem, 80 gig HD and 2 gig processor speed. The guest operating system is Win98SE. With the exception of one question that I have, it is running just fine, thank you, so I don't want to inadvertantly thwart my success so far. Do I uninstall the RC6 beta software before I install the new release Parallels for Desktop and if so, how is that done?

My other question concerns full screen resolution and the specifications above are installed. Parallels Tools apparantly installed a video driver by the name of "unknown" that allows for SVGA resolution and 1024x768 works just fine for full screen. I listed 1024x768 in Parallels video preferences but I get one resolution in both full screen and windowed screen and that is the last one set in the windowed screen. Should I be able to get a smaller resolution in windowed, 800x600 is my preference for that, and still get the 1024x768 in full screen? Is this the same in the new release and RC6? I did try adding 800x600 to the video preferences window but that did not change anything so I deleted it for now.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Jim

2. Jim Waugh

Jim Waugh Bit poster

I noticed an uninstall prog in your Full release software so I used it and then installed the new release. It works very well.

I noticed that it is still necessary to transfer that great user manual and the uninstall prog to the Parallels installed folder in Mac's Applications folder manually by drag and drop IF you want to use them after you dismount your install device left on the Mac desktop produced by running your .dmg dowloaded file containing the install package.

My question about full screen and windowed screen resolution remains with Win98SE installed as guest operating system .

Thank you.

Jim

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  3. davert

davert Member

I have the same problem with WinXP, I can set as many resolutions as I want in the preferences but it only goes to 1024 x 768. I wonder if the problem is that the memroy allocation needs to be increased?

Edit: I went into Windows' Displays control panel and set it to show unsupported resolutions for the monitor, and now I can get a real full screen.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006