Unistalling Mouse Synchronization

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by flak, Jun 10, 2006.

1. flak

flak Bit poster

Moved from "How to"

I'm having a little problem with AutoCAD, I have two mouse points!... Apart from the AutoCAD mouse ponit which changes with the active command I see the traditional mouse point. The bad news is that they don't move at the same speed and it gets a little confusing.

I've never had this issue before (in PC's), so I'm guessing is a mouse sychronization side effect.

Any way to disable it?

Apart from that, congratulations on this great product. Finally I got rid of my old PC.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2007
  2. I have two mouse pointers sometimes, too, but no Autocad. I'm using a Wacom drawing tablet mouse in OS X. I noticed it would happen at the same time that content of the Windows window would refresh: the window would change, the input would switch back to OS X, and there would be a mouse pointer remaining in the Windows window. If I gave input back to Windows, I would have two non-synchronized mouse pointers.

3. flak

flak Bit poster

Yes, when installing the final release on Paralles I choose not to install the mouse synchronization and the second pointer disapeared. Or course is a little trouble to press ctrl-alt every time I want to use Mac OS, but I only use windoes to open autocad, so its working for me....

Thanks for your reply...

4. sammick

sammick Bit poster

How do you remove the mouse sync once Parallels is already installed?

5. sammick

sammick Bit poster

I found out that by installing Parallels tools --you obviate the problem

6. michaelmar

michaelmar Bit poster

I need some URGENT HELP

My mouse pointer doesn't work at all when I'm in WINDOWS using Parallels... can anyone assist?