ADDED: Update the icon (for macOS Big Sur)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by BojanZ, Apr 9, 2021.

?

Do you think the Parallels Desktop icon on the Dock needs to get better looking

1. Yes

92.3%
  2. No

7.7%
  1. BojanZ

BojanZ Bit poster

Please update the icon for Parallels Desktop for macOS Big Sur. It looks outdated and it's not visually aligned with a new design language of macOS.

2. DanielT27

DanielT27 Bit poster

I want to echo this... it's exactly why I came to the forum today... the icon, with the big square Windows monitor and those 2 horrendous vertical red lines just looks terrible next to all the other sleek Mac app icons. Please do something about the icon.

lrodrigopb likes this.
  3. lrodrigopb

lrodrigopb Bit poster

Absolutely! The same goes for Parallels Access and Parallels Toolbox, it's been more than a year since the new icon styles were introduced and I can't understand how can such a simple change has been left behind. I have all Parallels icons in the "Others" folder to avoid seeing them. Outdated!

4. JasonM29

JasonM29 Bit poster

I'm with you on that.

lrodrigopb likes this.
  5. Me7eoR

Me7eoR Bit poster

Same.

lrodrigopb likes this.
  6. AlexanderT10

AlexanderT10 Bit poster

Please change the Parallels app icon to match the recent macOS icon convention, with the squircle icon shape and proper size. Thank you.

7. RemoteSoft

RemoteSoft Bit poster

I upgraded from Parallels Desktop for MAC permanent version 16 to 17 to 18. The experience is very good, but I always think that the Parallels Desktop icon on the MacOS Dock has not been improved. For example, in MacOS Big Sur, the application icons have become Uniform and regular-sized squares wrap application icons, and then later MacOS Monterey, and now the latest MacOS Ventura, Parallels Desktop on Dock icons have not changed, I hope the product group can make the icons more beautiful on the MacOS Dock, such as Parallels Desktop 18 has updated icons for the guest operating system and applications, from the original pause to a custom color dot. I think this change is very good and very beautiful. I hope Parallels Desktop will also change in the subsequent updates of the 18 version. It looks better and can be turned into a nice square icon

lrodrigopb likes this.
  8. GeorgeW11

GeorgeW11 Bit poster

I'm posting for the first time ever because I really want this change implemented. Why isn't the aesthetic matched to Toolbox?

lrodrigopb likes this.
  9. lrodrigopb

lrodrigopb Bit poster

Please, it's 2023, fix the icon. I can't believe this is still an issue. My launchpad looks horrible just because of this app.

FabianR1 likes this.
  10. GeorgeD15

GeorgeD15 Bit poster

One more upvote from me.

11. debug45

debug45 Bit poster

I strongly support. Please, make the Parallels Desktop app icon more consistent for design of last macOS versions.

12. Lil freddy

Lil freddy Bit poster

I registered on this forum with the sole purpose of upvoting this post.

debug45 likes this.
  13. debug45

debug45 Bit poster

It looks like we have gotten the new icon! In Parallels Desktop 19 which was released yesterday.

Mikhail Ushakov likes this.
  14. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Yes, indeed, and we hope you like it :)