1. Riceman67

Riceman67 Bit poster

I am new to Parallels 3.0 and just downloaded the latest 3.0 upgrade 4560. I have not performed an upgrade before so this may be a dumb question, but....

Will I have to install Windows Vista again?

Has anyone had any issues with this upgrade?

Thanks.

2. rbodman2@mac.com

rbodman2@mac.com Junior Member

You will not have to load Vista again. I do warn you to install the Parallels upgrade, then click on the parallels start symbol and select, but not start your VM. Then in the menu bar click on actions and click prepare for parallel tools upgrade. Having done that, start in safe mode with network, wait till everything boots and settles down. Then click on install parallels tools.

Good luck. 4560 is flakey.

3. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

I had no issues with the upgrade but many people have. Be sure to back up your virtual machine before upgrading.

I always back up my entire Mac hard drive with SuperDuper! before upgrading Parallels, so if necessary, I can easily revert back to the status quo.

My Parallels Tools installed automatically with no intervention on my part, but I am running XP, not Vista.

4. balkanboris

balkanboris Member

Posts which contain statements like '4560 is flakey' should be qualified by 'in my experience.'

Posts which contain statements like 'I had no issues with the upgrade but many people have' can be safely ignored as this statement is based on pure specualtion (many people have) and is not an opinion based on a sampled cross section of user installations.

Advice containing the word 'backup' is indeed good advice.