Upgrade from 3036 to 3094 - Results

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by BladeRunner, Dec 21, 2006.

1. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Junior Member

I have been running beta-3036 for several days with quite good results. To upgrade to beta-3094 I did the following:

1) Stop Parallels
    2) Uninstall Parallels 3036
    3) Install Parallels 3094
    4) Start Parallels & select existing WinXP-Pro system

I found that upon install of the new beta 3094 my license definition and the Parallels VM inventory were there as before. That was *very good* - no need to re-register or re-define the set of virtual systems.

I had to re-boot WinXP a few times to get everything working correctly. I had to reinstall the Parallels tools in the WinXP system. The WinXP system had to find all the "new" hardware - e.g., graphics device, CD-ROM & USB controller.

I had to reset the screen resolution and - worst of all - the the WinXP start bar got placed at the top of the window and I could not remember how to reposition it to the bottom. I did remember and that too is corrected.

I started Windows Update to see if it would complain about activation. It did not and I have not been notified that I need to re-activate.

I also have an installation of Ubuntu-6.1 installed from the alternate install cd image. The only problem I have seen with it was when I tried to increase the defined RAM from 512M to 636M. In this case the system had problems loading. As soon as I reset the RAM definition back to 512M the system loaded and ran as before. this is not a new problem - it was like that for release 3036 also.

So far, So Good! I will keep testing and report any problems.