Upgrade from Parallels 16 Subscription to standard with no upgrades?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Apple Silicon (M1) Mac' started by DaleK2, Aug 10, 2021.

1. DaleK2

DaleK2 Bit Poster

Is it possible to upgrade from an old Parallels Desktop 16 subscription to 17 but as an upgrade to a standard license with no free upgrades or do I need to purchase a full license again?

EsenayD likes this.
  2. AlexeyY1

AlexeyY1 Bit Poster

3. DaleK2

DaleK2 Bit Poster

My subscription expired as I now want a one off cost rather than paying each year

4. AlexeyY1

AlexeyY1 Bit Poster

It's rather strange, because Parallels for M1 was released only several months ago.

5. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

I don't know if you can buy an upgrade license to Parallels 17 Standard if your Pro license expired, but probably not as you don't have any currently active license to upgrade.
    The Standard Edition doesn't support virtual TPM, though. If you want to run Windows 11 you need the Pro Edition.

EsenayD and DaleK2 like this.
  6. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

Or maybe the Standard Edition will work with Windows 11 after all.

„A virtual TPM chip isn't required for upgrading to Windows 11. Starting with Parallels Desktop 17, Parallels Desktop reports to Windows OS that it's running in a virtual environment so that Windows doesn't ask for the presence of a TPM 2.0 chip." https://kb.parallels.com/en/122702

DaleK2 and mmika like this.