Upgrade Problems to 5.0.9308

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Eric Eckes, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Eric Eckes

Eric Eckes Bit poster

Has anyone had trouble upgrading to 5.0.9308? Every time I try Parallels tells me tell quite Parallels Virtual Machine. Problem is, I can't see where its is running! If I go to force quit the only reference to Parallels is the updater. Help! Thanks.

2. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

Instead of using the built-in updater, you could just download the build from the Parallels website and install it over your current build. Don't worry about your VM or your serial number, both will survive the update.

3. BillA

BillA Bit poster

I thought I have successfully upgraded to 5.0.9308 but since then every time I start an application in Windows, after a few moments, Parallels just disappears… and the Parallels Fatal Error notification pops up.

Running Windows 64 Vista
    Mac Pro 12 Gb ram

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

I suggest de-installing Parallels from your machine, and re-installing from the update image you'll get at parallels.com/download. The updater will ask you whether you want to remove your serial number (no!) and your VM files (no!) from your machine as well. If you keep both you shouldn't have any trouble working with your VM after the reinstall. To be sure, make a backup copy of your VM and put your serial number in a safe place.