USB plantronics headset in release 3186.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by barnys, Feb 28, 2007.

1. barnys

barnys Member

After waiting for so long, and Parallels still didn't fix the robotic garbaged sound of the USB plantronics headsets. :( I am very disappointed.

This works PERFECT in Fusion's Beta. So I can't wait for Vmware to release their product. I don't mind paying more if usb headsets worked fine with my voip applications.

I am tired of doing the stupid workaround of the sound preferences under MAC! The rest works apparently fine, except this for me, but this is one of my greatest needs.

2. pcraddock

pcraddock Member

Plantronics Headset

My Plantronics USB headset has worked fine for the last couple of betas.... I use it with an Avaya IP Softphone (Windows) and Skype (OS X) every day. What model headset are you using?

3. barnys

barnys Member

Three plantronic models, none are cheap!:
    - DSP 500 (direct USB connection via cable).
    - Audio 910 Bluetooth (voyager)
    - CS50 USB Wireless Office headset.

Are you saying it worked for you directly from the guest OS without the doing that hack of connecting via MacOS and using the Intel driver under Windows VM?

If you don´t mind, please describe how are you working yours.

THanks,

4. pcraddock

pcraddock Member

Plantronics

Mine was the cheaper one that is Analog/USB convertible. I do always use it with the USB dongle. The newest model is the Plantronics 310 (Mine is the 300, I think) It doesn't say the model on it any more. It didn't cost more than $40 and is plug-and-play. It works with both OSs at the same time. I just have to have it plugged in when I start Windows. I switch on the fly between Skype on OS X and Avaya IP Softphone in Windows. Sounds good to everyone I talk to.