USB Printer Shows as Connected in Windows Guest, but will not print

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by enthios, Jun 22, 2009.

1. enthios

enthios Member

Hi. I have a Cannon MX 300 printer connected to my USB. It works fine in OS X. In the Windows Guest OS (XPP SP2), it shows up as connected (both as Parallel and USB), but when I try to do a test print from Notepad (or any other app), I get an error message saying that there is no printer connected and I need to set one up. Using the Printer Connection Wizard in XPP does not work. See attachments.

Attached Files:

2. Srinivasulu.V

Srinivasulu.V Hunter

Hello,

1. In Mac OS X, open System Preferences -> Sharing -> Services and enable the Printer Sharing service.

2. Go to System Preferences -> Print & Fax -> Sharing and make sure that your printer is enabled in the
    "Share these printers with other computers" list.

3. Make sure that your printer is able to print from the Mac side (print a test page).

4. In Windows VM download and install Apple Bonjour for Windows -> http://www.apple.com/support/downloads
    /bonjourforwindows.html

5. When Bonjour installation is complete, start Bonjour Printer Wizard on your Windows desktop.

6. Click Next. Select your printer from the Wizard's Shared Printers list and click Next.

7. You should select either Generic/Postscript driver for your printer or your printer particular model if it's available
    in the list. Hit Next.

8. Click Finish and try printing any document using the Bonjour printer.

If Bonjour printer doesn't work after completing Bonjour wizard, do the following - :

1. Uninstall any native drivers for the printer from Windows you may have already installed.

2. Make sure you have selected Bonjour printer when issued print command. Windows may show you several printers
    available.