USB Support for Creative Zen Nano!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by skalway, Feb 10, 2007.

1. skalway

skalway Bit poster

I have been trying to get my MP3 player to work with Parallels, but the device doesn't seem to be recognized. Any ideas why the USB wouldn't be supported.:confused:

2. Sister Ariadne

Sister Ariadne Bit poster

An answer that's not an answer.

I have the same problem with my Zen Nano Plus and my Sansa e140 both. They both know they're plugged in to a USB port, but neither the host OS X nor the guest XP can see them - not even as USB storage devices. However, my standard flash drives work just fine in both environments. I emailed Parallels tech support and they said it was because the USB implementation has not been perfected yet, so some "rare" devices still don't work. I am interpreting that to mean they're working on the problem and subsequent builds will address this issue. I hope so. I use my Zen Nano to listen to books downloaded from the public library, and I'd really hate to give up that free service. Unfortunately, the library software doesn't speak iPod, so I don't have a choice of switching players to eliminate the problem. Besides, I love my Zen.

If anyone out there has a real answer or a workaround for this problem, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers and wait for the next Parallels upgrade.