Use Multiple Displays?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jasononaharley, Dec 29, 2006.

1. jasononaharley

jasononaharley

I'm no too sure, but when I select that option the Windows Screen becomes one across my laptop and my external display (meaning that the windows taskbar runs acrross both displays as if it is one. Is there a way to set it up that one display is the main one and the second display is that, a second display.

When I open an application it looks funky spreading out across the two monitors.

Thanks for the input.

Jason

2. AlanH

AlanH Kilo Poster

I run two displays, but with multiple displays turned OFF. I start up the VM in a window, move it to my secondary screen, and then switch to Coherence. That puts the Windows task bar on the bottom of the secondary screen, and allows that screen to be used for Windows windows. OS X menus and dock remain on my primary screen, and OS X apps can go anywhere. As far as I'm concerned Windows doesn't deserve more than half my screen real estate.

3. drval

drval

Can you specify more fully what your settings are -- both in Mac and WIndows -- and precisely what you are doing to get your "Windows Screen...across my laptop and my external display)"?

From your description it sounds as if you've been able to run either "Mirror Mode" -- ie both physical display devices show the same content (icons, task bar, Start button, etc) -- or "Extended Desktop mode" -- ie icons on your Primary Monitor, Start button on your Primary but the remainder of the Task Bar spreading over to the Second Monitor.

I'd really like to know as I'm trying to establish a true Extended Desktop.