Using Access with multiple Parallels Desktop accounts

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AshleyW1, Jun 25, 2016.

1. AshleyW1

AshleyW1 Bit poster

Everyone in our family has Mac computers with Parallels desktop. I want to be able to help my parents with their computers. I am looking at several options to do this, one being Parallels Access.
    Each family member (living in different houses) has a seperate Parallels Desktop purchase.
    Is it possible for me to use Parallels Access to access their computers? If it is possible, how many Parallels Acess subscriptions do we need to purchase? What is the setup to accomplish this?
    Do you have any other solutions to want I want to do?

Thanks for your help

2. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi AshleyW1,
    Yes, you can connect from Parallels Access to up to 5 computers. Check this article for more information. To set up Parallels Access, perform the steps outlined in this link .

3. AshleyW1

AshleyW1 Bit poster

Thanks for your reply Guna. I read the support articles you sent.
    So just to be clear, if I purchase Parallels Connect I can connect to my parents Mac computer that has a different Parallels subscription to mine? That was not very clear in the support article.

4. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi AshleyW1, yes you can connect and access another Mac (parent's Mac) remotely using Parallels Access. To access the remote Mac, follow the steps given here.