Using Darfish - issues with firewire connectivity

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Bespoke, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Bespoke

Bespoke Bit poster

I use Dartfish for video analysis of my customers (I focus on sports bio-mechanics).
    I have used it with a PC with no issues (apart from the obvious!) and wanted to take the system to my MacBook Pro
    It installs great but when I try to connect my camcorder via Firewire this is no recognition

Reading this forum, I believe firewire is not recognized in Parallels?
    If so - is there a solution at all

Many thanks!

2. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

Unfortunately, FireWire is not supported by Parallels now. It is in scope for future versions.

It is possible to connect firewire external drives [mass storage] by means of Parallels Shared folders.

3. peterfaletto

peterfaletto Bit poster

Alicia,

Does your new update allow this and has anyone ever gotten Dartifsh to work in Parrallels?

Peter

4. noyfb

noyfb Bit poster

Same Here.

I sold a brand new MacPro 2K+ for DartFish because he was sick and tired of dealing with XP/Vista's day to day usage bugs, freezes, viruses etc.
    I screwed up and overlooked firewire. When they say Run Windows on your Mac, they should say
    "Parallels Desktop.. Run Windows on Mac but just no firewire....NEVER!

I still remember when they advertised that you could run XP apps at full speed. Now with Desktop V4.0 you can run your apps 30% faster. Does that mean that I will get 130%.

They should but a big warning that we should make sure all features needed are supported in parallels.

Now they mention that they will support Intel Vt-d... So is that a yes or a no?

5. noyfb

noyfb Bit poster

I am sure that we can capture using quicktime, save it to a file then import it in DartFish.

6. noyfb

noyfb Bit poster

Dartfish -> A Possible Solution !

I need Dartfish users help.

I need to know if Dartfish can use streaming video as input?
    If so what format does it have to be?

This is what I am investigating.
    Capture with OS X and instantly stream it to Parallels via Quicktime Streaming server and make Dartfish use this live stream as input for analysis.

Any help is appreciated.