Using Parallels on Mac with Two User Profiles

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by hittlets, Sep 1, 2009.

1. hittlets

hittlets Bit poster

I have a Macbook where I have three user profiles, one admin profile, one profile I use continuously an one for another family member. I have Parallels installed (a version I have when I got my Macbook in 2006) along with Windows XP (also loaded when I got my computer in 2006).

When I launch Parallels on my profile Windows XP opens up fine and it seems to be working flawlessly. However, when the other family member tries to open Parallels they get the screen that is show in the attached picture 4.png. If I hit the play button I get a screen shown in picture 5.png, where it says no boot device is available.

I am thinking that, for some reason, the boot sector for Windows XP is not available or linked on the second profile on my computer. I am wondering if anyone here can tell me how to fix this. I was also wondering if I am allowed to have Windows XP on one computer with two profiles. Other programs I install are available on all of my profiles (Office, etc.), but I wasn't sure if the license was just one profile on one computer.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attached Files: