[v3186 win xp] vs. [samsung blackjack wm5] - can't connect

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by mellowvision, Feb 28, 2007.

1. mellowvision

mellowvision Bit poster

I am trying to connect my blackjack to win xp running in parallels v3186. I have tried numerous methods of connection, including usb switching, syncalive, etc, and have made no progress.

Parallels recognizes the device as MITS USB RNDIS in the devices > usb menu.

I can see the SyncAlive and ActiveSync icons in the system tray come to life when I plug it in.

Activesync says it cannot establish a connection.

In the device manager, the phone shows up in Network Adapters > Windows Mobile based-device.

all I really want to be able to do is install software from exe's. the files I have are not .cab's and I can't install them with osx missingsync.

help?

2. mellowvision

mellowvision Bit poster

3. wlai

wlai Bit poster

Same problem here, with Parallels build 3188. I will either get the MITS USB RNDIS entry (same as you) in the untouched Blackjack config; or if I set the USBSwitch app to Serial on the Blackjack, Parallels detect a USB device called "Generic Serial (PROTOTYPE -- remember to change idVendor)"

In neither case will XP recognize the Blackjack as a Windows Mobile 5 device.

Please help!!

4. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

can you sync over bluetooth with that device ?

5. wlai

wlai Bit poster

Darkone: I don't see how to setup the bluetooth for XP under Parallels. Which device do I need to enable? There is no Bluetooth device under USB or networking.