video resolution when going full-screen

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by geofcorb, Aug 21, 2007.

1. geofcorb

geofcorb Junior Member

This is a behavior that I started to observe only after having upgraded to build 4560. I have a 15" MBP and a 23" Apple Cinema Display, running at 1920x1200 resolution. Prior to 4560, when I switched my Vista Enterprise virtual machine to full-screen mode, Parallels would automatically resize to fit the entire screen AND switch resolution to match the "full screen" Mac resolution of 1920x1200. Now, it resizes to fit the full screen but sticks at a resolution of 1600x1200 and I have to manually change the resolution to get it up to the 1920x1200 that I want (and used to get automatically). What's more... I have observed that I only have the 1920x1200 resolution available if I have started my Vista VM up while it was connected to the display. If I start the Vista VM on the MBP without the display connected and later connect the display, the highest resolution that is available to me is 1600x1000. Again... all of this worked perfectly fine in the previous build. Are others observing is behavior as well? Can it be "fixed" somehow?

- GC

2. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Hi,

Please check "Change Mac OS X resolution" option in Preferences->Appearance. It should be OFF.

Alexander

3. geofcorb

geofcorb Junior Member

Thanks... I changed this setting and the full-screen resolution problem is fixed. I haven't tried to startup disconnected from the display to see if the resolution limitation is fixed... do you suppose this setting will help with this problem as well?

- GC