VirtueDesktop and latest 3150 RC2

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rjgebis, Feb 13, 2007.

1. rjgebis

rjgebis Hunter

Does anyone have problems with latest version of .54 Beta 2 VirtueDesktop and 3150?
    For some reason Virtue Desktop works until I switch to Parallels. Than I can't switch between windows? Any one see this problem or know how to fix it? It is something that was broken in latest build of Parallels? This started happening to me after upgrade to the latest Parallels version.

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

I had a number of problems with that so went back to Desktop Manager, the universal app version. http://www.versiontracker.com/php/feedback/article.php?story=20070116202630688

3. rjgebis

rjgebis Hunter

Same thing. After installing Desktop Manager same thing. It is not working when in Parallels.

4. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Ok - explain what you mean by being in Parallels. I'm guessing you mean running Windows in Parallels? If so are you running Windows full screen or in a window on the Mac desktop?

Do you see the Desktop Manager in the OS X tool bar at the top of the screen?

5. rjgebis

rjgebis Hunter

Ok. When Parallels is not running everything works fine. I can use Desktop Manager or VirtueDesktop. When I start Parallels running XP in full screen or Coherence mode I can't switch between other virtual screens. First time I switch to XP from Mac Desktop it is ok but than I can switch from XP (screen #2) to Mac Screen (#1). It looks to me that if I switch focus from Parallels to Mac apps virtuedesktop starts working. I tried remapping the keys in Virtue desktop and Desktop Manager thinking that Parallels is using these keys. But the same setup was working for me from very first pre GA (beta) version. If I open Explorer or some other Windows app I can't switch between screens. In Coherence mode when I try to minimize lets say running explorer and than without clicking on anything with my mouse just use keyboard to switch between screens it works again.

6. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

When running in coherence mode or OS Window mode with Desktop Manager do you see the alternate desktops on the OS X control bar at the top of the screen?

7. Tony Arnold

Tony Arnold Member

The problem has to do with Parallels swallowing all keypresses when the assistive devices support is disabled in the Universal access pane - try disabling it and Virtue/DM's hotkeys should work again.

8. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Is that true also for mouse clicks? That is where I was going, too.

edit: and I think one of your "disabled" statements should be 'enabled'. Here it works fine with it disabled. But I'm still curous about the mouse interaction.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  9. rjgebis

rjgebis Hunter

That was it for me. It was disabled but I remember used OnyX cleanup tools and I think it did something to enable it again. Thanx guys.