Vista Bootcamp partition crashing

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by lostless, Jun 10, 2007.

1. lostless

lostless Bit poster

I insatelled windows vista business into bootcamp and trynig to use that partition as a paralles boot disc. Vosta boots fine, but paralles says please wait as it installs software. From there it just crashes. no responce from windows. Is this not suppoted using bootcamp and vista?

2. h2a

h2a Bit poster

Vista in Bootcamp with Parallels should work. i had it running. its slow and it sucks, but it works.

it was enough to make me completely remove vista from my computer and put XP SP2 back on though.

3. lostless

lostless Bit poster

Thanks, so im not alone. So far paralles has rendered my copy of vista corrupt 3 times because of this crash.

4. brkirch

brkirch Pro

If you are using Boot Camp 1.3 make sure you're using build 4128 of Parallels.

5. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello lostless
    We are investigating these problems, if any incompatibility with Parallels Desktop 3.0 and Bootcamp 1.3 will be confirmed - it will be fixed very soon with the next minor (free) update for Parallels Desktop 3.0. Any feedback from you with the details on reproducing the problems you are experiencing will be helpful to us on investigating such issues.

6. h2a

h2a Bit poster

heh. there's no way, even after the Parallels update that i'm going to reinstall vista. its slow and unproductive. there's no point in having it when XP can do the same things just...faster.

7. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello lostless
    Please follow the steps below:
    1. Download build 4128
    2. Install build 4128
    3. Reboot MacOS X (seems you need to do this because of services from build 4124 is still running after build 4128 is installed).
    4. Create your Vista VM using custom from Boot Camp partition
    5. Install Parallel Tools, and allow the various drivers to install

build 4128: http://download.parallels.com/v3/en/GA/Parallels Desktop 4128 Mac en.dmg