Vista Internet Connection?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by websyndicate, Sep 30, 2006.

1. websyndicate

websyndicate Hunter

how do I get the internt to work on vista. I can seem to get connected anything im going wrong? Thanks

2. petard

petard Bit poster

Mine "just worked" using host-only networking and internet connection sharing on the mac side, once I installed the parallels tools on vista. Do note that Vista requires you to configure your firewall and check for updates, etc. before it will allow you to connect to the internet at all.

3. websyndicate

websyndicate Hunter

Can you give me more detail about how to do this. What did you install on Vista to make it work. What must I configure on the firewall and I got the it to host only thanks

4. kosh

kosh Member

Did Parallels Tools install OK for you? (They need to be installed in XP sp2 compatibility mode.) This thread http://forums.parallels.com/thread4451.html has instructions on doing so (and a nice step-by-step for setting up Vista).

Also, if you're connected to a home or work network (i.e., to a router), you'll probably want the network set to bridged ethernet rather than host only.