Vista Ultimate & DirectX only at 6

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by NickCatal, Jul 2, 2007.

1. NickCatal

NickCatal Bit poster

Alright, I installed Vista Ultimate in a VM (using the easy install feature) then installed parallel tools right as I got into the first screen. Aero isn't loaded, but OK.

Loaded up Steam and had it download Counter Strike: Source. Shut down the VM and checked DirectX. When I started it again, I clicked on Counter Strike: Source and I got a window saying "Your Version of DirectX may be too low" and it gives a number around 6

Now I open up the display properties and it says that my card has 64MB of Video Memory. I just selected 64MB below the "Use DirectX" button...

Now CS:S will load and will start the video stress test, but it looks like software mode in normal Counter Strike, totally unplayable.

I am on a Macbook Pro 1.33 Core 2 Duo w/2GB Ram and ATI GFX Card. All of this works fine in Bootcamp (which I uninstalled and got this)

Should I just go back to XP for my VM?

Edit: Exact info from Dialog Box before starting CS:S: Your Video Driver Appears to be out of date.... Your Driver Details: Windows Version: Windows XP Discription: Direct3D HAL Version: 6.14.1.1029

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007