Vista Ultimate on a Ubuntu Edgy Host - No Internet For Vista

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by ctsdownloads, Mar 24, 2007.

1. ctsdownloads

ctsdownloads Bit poster

I have looked and looked, over these forums, no one seems to be having the same issue as me while using Edgy as the host machine. But nonetheless, here it is:

I am running Vista on an Ubuntu Edgy host. Ethernet connection to my router and then cable Internet. Two NICs installed on the machine; one on-board the other PCI.
    One is a Realtek card and I am not sure about the other. The board is an ASUS something or another, nForce 3 chipset, on-board LAN.

When I boot into the Vista VM, I head over to the device manager and sure enough, it does not see either NIC. Vista cannot detect a basic pair of NICs?? Surely this must be something wrong on my end?

All of the Parallels network settings are setup as default, no tinkering going on here and I have also tried moving the Ethernet cable from my first NIC to the second, then back again. N o love. Could the solution simply be to remove the PCI NIC? Is Vista really this touchy with Parallels?

While many of you are probably wondering why I would limit my Vista experience (graphically speaking) by not running Vista Ultimate natively, but I have my reasons ans to be honest, this copy/license was a work provided item that did not come out of pocket. Basic would have been fine, but they only had Ultimate. :)

Any thoughts as to what is going on?