VMs cannot find network

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by daniello, May 5, 2006.

1. daniello

daniello Junior Member

It is strange: XP SP2 originally worked.

I went into my office last weekend and used the built-in NIC (shows as en0) with en1 being wireless whch I mostly used. It took me a while' fiddling' with the built-in ethernet en0 to get connected tothe WIndows Domain DHCP but eventually it worked.

I installed SuSE10 in a VM and it couldn't find the bridge and XP SP2 also stopped working. So I looked at my network config and an en2 had appeared--in additon to the Parallels virtual network --a second built-in eethernet en2! The status says it is plugged in and turned on but cannot find the Internet. Well of course, this is a Macbook Pro and I don't have a second NIC! I suspect this is a symptom of the problem but what is the problem? Did Parallels some how create this or was it created by me trying to log on to the windows domain at work (not sure how that would happen) :eek:

2. serv

serv Forum Maven

daniello,

That second Ethernet Adapter will disappear in the upcoming version of Parallels Workstation. Mac OS X network configuration will be cleaned up from all remains of previous betas.