VMWare Images?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by sfwalter, Jun 22, 2006.

1. sfwalter

sfwalter Junior Member

I think my answer is no. But is there anyway to convert vmware images to Parallels? If not is this a feature that is being looked at for future versions?

At my company people create vmware virtual machines that I wish I could use.

Thanks in advance.

scott.

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

We understand that this is important feaure to have and we will work on this. Stay tuned - the solution will be provided by Parallels in the nearest future.

3. cetuma

cetuma Member

Yay!!

Super excited to hear!

4. Dave Ruske

Dave Ruske Junior Member

Also Very Interested

Not that you really need a "me too" message to understand how useful VMWare image conversion would be to some of us, but I could also make immediate use of this, and it might well keep me from switching to VMWare in the future --- assuming they do release the Mac product as anticipated. I'm looking forward to Parallels' solution.

Meantime, I'd read a suggestion somewhere that qemu-img utility (part of the QEMU emulation software) might convert a VMWare image into something usable by Parallels Desktop for Mac. Has anyone had success with this approach? Any pitfalls to watch out for?

5. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Member

Any updates on this?

6. ElGreco

ElGreco Bit poster

What exactly is the "nearest future"? As we have been waiting about five months now, I must have missed something. If there is a beta available, I would gladly test it for you.

Regards,
    ElGreco

7. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

I can't disclose what exactly "nearest future" means - sorry. Stay tuned.