Volume under Access jumps to maximum

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ArtWerry, Aug 30, 2013.

1. ArtWerry

ArtWerry Bit poster

Is there anyway to stop Parallels Access from jacking the volume to maximum and blasting me out of the house?

I had iTunes muted on the Mac - it was playing at an acceptable level when unmuted - I connected with Parallels Access and iTunes suddenly became unmuted (not a good idea, but that is a separate issue) and blaring. When I went into the Mac's settings, I see there is a new Parallels virtual audio adapter set to maximum volume but there is no way to adjust that setting down to a more reasonable level. Can you imagine what my neighbors would have said if I had connected remotely with Access and blasted them with music for hours until I came home??

Suggestions?

Thank you.

2. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

When Parallels Access switches the audio to Parallels Virtual Audio Adapter when you connect to your Mac, the sound is supposed to be redirected on your Mac to the iPad and you're supposed to use the volume controls on the iPad to set the volume of the sound that comes out of the iPad's speakers or headphones.

Are you saying that audio is not going to your iPad and continues to be output to your Mac's speakers while Parallels Access is connected?

3. ArtWerry

ArtWerry Bit poster

Yes, that is what I am saying.

The sound was blaring out of my Bose speaker. When I disconnected the Bose, then the sound was blaring out of the Macbook.

Thanks for any help you can give.

EDIT:

OK, I just checked. I use Airfoil to be able to send the sound to the Bose speaker wirelessly. When I turned Airfoil off, the sound worked as you said it should.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  4. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

Have you tried the "Instant On" Airfoil extra? The normal Airfoil method uses audio hijacking. I think the "Instant On" method uses a virtual audio adapter but I haven't tried it.

5. ArtWerry

ArtWerry Bit poster

Yes, I have "Instant On" installed with Airfoil.