vpn just in vm?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by want2get, Apr 12, 2007.

1. want2get

want2get Bit poster

I'm looking at getting parallels for mac but fist needed to know if it's possible to make a vpn connection in the winxp VM and not have that effect my osx connection. In order words I need winxp VM to stay connected though a vpn but don't want osx or any other VM I may have, to connect though the vpn. Is this possible with parallels. Thanx for any help

2. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

yep.. lots of people already doing it this way. But before you jump in and buy the product, test your particular solution out by getting a trial key first and using that until you KNOW it works as you expect.

3. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Keep in mind that you will probably want Bridged Networking to be turned on.

4. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

works ok for me in shared too. Start with bridged at first tho.. probably less likely to be a problem. As long as your vpn solution supports ipsec over udp tho, you should be fine with shared networking too

5. mmischke

mmischke Hunter

I use XP's PPTP and Cisco's VPN client all the time with no problems (although I don't believe I've ever had them both going at once). I use Bridged Networking.