Wake problem

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by bob418, Apr 15, 2006.

1. bob418

bob418 Junior Member

I've bought Parallels and continue to like its performance for all kinds of guest systems on my dual core Intel laptop. But I also encountered many problems. The biggest problem for me is every time the guest system (any OS) crashes when the host system (Win XP) wake up from sleep. It doesn't bring down the host system. But I need to restart guest system and it wastes my time. Is it a known bug? Can Parallels team fix the problem?

2. Ray

Ray Member

If you are sending the XP system to sleep why not suspend the guest systems first - is this not possible or relevant.

Ray

3. bob418

bob418 Junior Member

Suspending will take time and it's not convenient. But your reply does prompt me to try pausing the guest system before put host to sleep. Unfortunately the guest system still crash when I continue.

4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Can you give more details - which guest OS you are using and what kind of crash do you have after wake up?

5. Ray

Ray Member

Suspending only takes a couple of seconds on my guests but I guess yours must be much slower.

Ray

6. bob418

bob418 Junior Member

Hi Andrew,

Basically the guess system crashes every time when the host system wakes up from sleep, no matter what OS the guess system use. I've tested with Win XP, Win 2000, Win 98, Win ME, Win 2000 Server, Win 2003 Server. I actually sent a few bug reports to Parallels. Here I attach 2 files for your reference.

Bob

Attached Files:

7. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Thanks for reporting! The problem is clear now and will be fixed in next update.

PS: The problem is VT related. If VT-x is not active then wake up should goes fine.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  8. bob418

bob418 Junior Member

That'll be great! I look forward to your next update.